Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gifts from FREE patterns

I just finished up some of the bags I am making for my girlfriends and sisters for Christmas! I used the free Burda pattern for the reusable shopping bag I previously posted about HERE, and I was going to use some cotton quilting fabric I already had around the house, but then I was unhappy with some of the fabric designs, so I went to JoAnn Fabrics when they had their huge sale last week and scored the fabric for under $20 for 8 bags = about $2.50 per bag! I was also able to choose fabric to suit each of their styles, from shimmery gold, to vintage-style carpet bag, to black velvet lined with hot pink! I modified the patterns slightly so that some bags are two-tone and some have a seam for added style, and they all have a pleat in the middle. So, they might be "too nice" to be shopping bags exclusively, but do make some really cute purse bags! JoAnn Fabrics also has some FREE craft projects HERE - maybe a last-minute Christmas craft for you there? Here are the bags I made so far to match each of their personalities - I'm going to make multiples of the cute acorn vintage-styled one (made from thick home decor fabric), and even one for myself at the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear your ideas!