Thursday, December 31, 2009

Savings -a- Plenty at Safeway: My shopping trip 12/30/09


Safeway had a $10/$50 coupon in Tuesday's paper (plus, I noticed it is also in the in-store ads, which normally they omit these coupons for the in-store ads on the rack!!).  Plus, don't forget the coupon doublers coupon in their ad for $2 more off!  I was also able to double or triple-up some coupons by using both clipped coupons and "e-coupons" from cellfire and shortcuts online coupon systems that will load coupons onto your Safeway card (or other store) and will automatically deduct at checkout (NOTE: it is better if you let the checker scan all of your clipped coupons first BEFORE you swipe your club card so that the coupons all come off correctly)
I will give you the moral before getting to the story: A penny saved is a penny earned!  Plan your trip in advance with coupons from multiple sources:
- Sunday paper
- Online coupon sources: Coupons.com, smartsource.com, redplum.com
- Online e-Coupon sites: cellfire, shortcuts, P&G e-saver
and look for duplicate, or triplicate products from the above sources to really score big!

I wont bore you with my entire receipt full of fruits and veggies and milk, etc., but here are some of the better deals I scored:

4 boxes Chex cereal - $1.99 ea. (when you buy 3 or more)
- $1/2 clipped coupon
- $1/2 printed coupon from HERE 
- $1/2 eCoupon on shortcuts
- $1/2 eCoupon on Cellfire
= $0.99 each box

Kelloggs Cereals - Bought 3 Rice Crispies (2.99 ea = $8.97) and 1 Blueberry Special K ($3.00)
- Buy 3 participating Kelloggs and get 2 FREE Safeway Apple juices (Rice Crispies qualifies, Special K does NOT)
- Buy any Special K and get $0.50 off any fresh fruit from HERE 
- Buy any 2 Kelloggs and get $1.50 off any bag of coffee!  I can't find it now, but I thought it was HERE - I may have reached my print limit so it wont show up for me now!
- $1 off Blueberry Special K from HERE 
- $1/2 Rice Crispies clipped coupon
- $0.55/1 Kelloggs cereal clipped coupon 
= $4.55 monetary savings (if you also buy coffee and fruit, which I always do!) + 2 free apple juices! 

Pillsbury Holiday cookie Dough (on sale for 2/$3) Had additional $0.75 off sticker because they are clearancing out Holiday cookies 
- $1.50/2 coupon from the blinkie box in the aisle (there is also a $0.75/2 HERE)
- $0.75/2 from Cellfire
- $0.75/2 from Shortcuts
- $0.75 in-store discount
- $0.75 in-store discount 
= $1.50 MONEYMAKER!


5 Nabisco Crackers (I got all Wheat Thins) on sale 2/$4, but you get $5 off at the register when you buy 5 = $1 each
- $1/2 clipped coupon
- $1/2 clipped coupon
= $3 for all 5
+ There is a $10 mail-in rebate HERE when you buy 10 crackers... I bought 5 my last trip with the same above deal last week, so when I get my $10 rebate, it will be:
= $4 MONEYMAKER!

Nestle Tollhouse Morsels - $2.50
- $0.50 Cellfire eCoupon
- $0.50 Shortcuts eCoupon
- $0.50 clipped coupon 
= $1 

4 Foster Farms large lunch meat tubs = $4.98/2 
- $1/2 coupon from HERE or HERE
- $1/2 coupon from HERE or HERE 
= $1.99 each tub!  Usually these are over $3, and sometimes over $4 each!!  I put 2 in the refrigerator and 2 in the freezer - STOCK UP PRICE!

2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls= $4.98 
- $0.50/2 Cellfire eCoupon
- $0.50/2 Shortcuts ecoupon
- $0.50/2 clipped coupon
=  $3.48/2 

3 MinuteMaid Juice - $2 each = $6, and each one I grabbed had $0.75 clearance sticker on 'em!
- 0.75
- 0.75
- 0.75
= $3.75 for all 3 = $1.25 ea
+ I think there were some coupons for these, but I didn't have any with me - boooooo! 

2 Lucerene Half & Half - $2.19 ea = $4.38 and each one I grabbed had a $0.75 + $0.50 clearance stickers = $1.25 off each one!
- $1.25
- $1.25
= $1.88/2 = $0.98 each!

Lucerene Heavy Whipping Cream - $2.29 and had a $0.75 + $0.50 clearance stickers = $1.25 off
- $1.25
= $1.04

Chinet paper plates (got the easy biodegradeable version) - $2 with in-ad coupon
- $1 off clipped coupon
+ had a coupon on the package for 1 free pack of Chinet cups w/purchase!
= $1 for the plates + a FREE pack of cups! 

+ $10/$50 coupon from Tuesday's paper (also look in the in-store ad rack - coupon is under the front flap)

+ $2 doubles coupon from Tuesday's paper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear your ideas!